26 April 2021
Most people who’ve worked remotely can attest that while virtual teamwork has its pros, it can also be challenging. According to our research, some of the specific limitations of managing virtual teams include some people participating more than others, difficulty in dealing with conflict, and difficulty in developing trust.
We already know that teams and teamwork are crucial components in achieving organisational success. In response to a question as to his best advice for Leadership, Kevin Sharer the former CEO of Amgen said the following: “The team. Don’t break the law. Don’t run out of cash. But there is no substitute for the best team. Without the team, it isn’t going to work.”
Well over a year into the coronavirus pandemic, it’s clear that remote work – and the need for virtual collaboration – is here to stay, at least in some form. According to a survey from The Conference Board, respondents expect 40% or more of employees in their organizations to continue working primarily remotely one year after COVID-19 subsides.
And employees want their organisations to embrace flexibility in the workplace and allow for the option to work virtually; nearly half (47%) of the employees surveyed in Envoy’s Return to the Workplace Report said they would likely leave their jobs after the pandemic if their employers don’t offer a hybrid work model that combines work-from-home and in-office options.
Organisations who are succeeding in the new virtual world recognise there’s no easy way to replace face-to-face collaboration. Increased reliance on traditional virtual collaboration tools alone can’t be the solution; there has to be a multi-pronged approach that combines technological solutions with interpersonal skill development.
About our Course:
- Blazing Moon offers you a 4-hour online live workshop.
- This live online workshop runs from 09h00-13h00 or from 14h00-17h00.
- This is led by one of our expert leadership facilitators.
- Flexible date preferences are accommodated.
- We offer discounts for groups of 6 or more learners per course date.
In the online workshop, you will be able to:
- Consider Teams and Turbulence.
- Gain an understanding of the nature of virtual teams.
- Creating an online Team.
- Consider the online challenges of Communication, Performance management, Conflict resolution and Control.
- Changing to a new reality of managing teams online.
- Identify key lessons for workplace application.
To enquire for a detailed course outline, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
or call us on 2711 728 7720.