15 February 2022
Live Online Training is 4-hour in duration. Scheduled in sessions from 09h00-13h00 or 13h00-17h00 on weekdays for your convenience.
Our Business Acumen course introduces the essentials of business viz. what needs to be understood so that the key foundational skills which underlie business in the modern organisation are understood and applied. This will be done through focusing on three themes viz. strategy, operations, and people. It is designed to provide you with an appropriate combination of theoretical input and practical application which will allow the exercise of improved supervisory skills in real–life organisational settings.
Blazing Moon’s group of culturally diverse facilitators are of the highest caliber. Each individual has degreed and master education in their subject areas and proven business experience in their fields of instruction. Our facilitators are vetted through a stringent selection process and interviewed by our HR manager to ensure that all the necessary compliance and personality requirements are met.
Blazing Moon has policies in place with regards to quality management and all facilitators have SLA agreements with the company that measure their performance. In all instances each facilitator is an accredited SETA assessor and/or moderator in their chosen fields.
Outcomes of Business Acumen Training
- Understand the nature and purpose of the modern organisation.
- Define, understand, and apply the foundational skills associated with the management of strategy, operations, and people.
- Understand and apply the principles and practices of strategy including leadership, direction, and motivation.
- Understand and apply the principles and practices of operations management including customers, productivity, quality, and efficiency.
- Understand and apply the principles and practices of people management including purpose, performance, and discipline.
- Understand and apply the principles and practices of communication which cut across the foundational skills.
- Optimise the contribution of these foundational skills to organisational achievement through the concept of the value chain.
- You will have built the framework necessary to support more in-depth skills development around business management including communication, operations management, project management and quality management.